Education / Experience
A bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering with 5 or more years of relevant experience is required.
A master’s degree (MS) or additional training in cardiovascular dynamics or physiological signal analysis is required.
Technical and Interpersonal Skills:
Software development experience is required (e.g., MATLAB, Mathematica, etc.)
- Experience with physiological systems (analysis, modeling and/or simulation) is preferred.
- Familiarity with statistical methods would be considered a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Excellent and demonstrated interpersonal skills: ability to understand and respond to multiple external and internal demands, manage and handle conflict constructively required.
Demonstrated ability to:
- Manage several projects while exhibiting the ability to prioritize, successfully implement, and demonstrate excellent judgment skills and work in a continuous improvement environment.
- Work within a matrixed, multi-disciplinary team to foster strong professional relationships and which are aligned with NTT RI objectives.
- Effectively manage through and lead change in an ever-changing and evolving external health care environment.
- Ability to problem-solve and network throughout the organization to identify solutions.
- Collaborate effectively and demonstrate leadership and teamwork with peers, internal stakeholders and external scientific colleagues that inspires alignment and partnership on a shared vision or strategy.
- Be a self-starter, be accountable and have a sense of conviction to delivering quality results that have impact.
- Maintain self-awareness and continually choose behaviors and responses based on how it impacts one’s own and others performance and engagement.
- Flexible to new opportunities adaptable to organizational change.
- Demonstrated research and technical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly adopt and utilize new digital technology and other resources.
- Flexibility to travel by air is required (to attend scientific meetings/conferences; attend NTT RI on-campus meetings, etc.).
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.